Thursday 22 February 2018

Why am I doing the Everest Marathon?

Since I started working for Active Adventures in Nepal I have been surrounded by amazing people and mountains. I have really fallen in love with this beautiful country. 

Last year I decided to do the Everest Marathon as my next challenge though I also want to raise money for a charity that is very important to me. Active Hearts Foundation. These guys raise money to build school libraries in remote villages of Nepal, they also help deliver health services and supplies to remote villages especially in the area of maternity and infant health. Active Hearts also assist small communities in building infrastructure projects such as shelter, safe irrigation for food and clean water.

If you'd like to donate to this great cause you can make donations to Active Hearts Charity 

You can choose to leave your name or not, but please make sure you mention The Tenzing Memorial Marathon! It will be fantastic to see how much we can raise!
Any donations would be hugely appreciated. The Active Hearts Foundation will also be launching a new website in the next few weeks and I'll make sure to send the link out. You'll be able to follow the charity  projects that are happening around Nepal. 

Local Nepali lady showing me how to train!


Well that's it for now. Time to crank up my training!!!


Here we gooooooo!!!

Training run in Lyttleton, Christchurch, NZ



2 comments:

  1. We are hoping you are now training in Nepal and that you had no more delays. Anxious to hear how it is going. We have marked May 29th on our calendar so we can check in and see how you are doing! Best of luck to you and to Mel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your support is amazing!! we will post soon big hugs

    ReplyDelete